1. Anti-Covid Protocol
In addition to our usual cleaning protocol, Hotel Santa Caterina has added a number of measures based on medical practices approved by the Italian Government & Regional Committees, designed by the World Health Organization.
Furthermore, always to protect more our customers, we will respect the standards of hygiene and social distancing necessary for the certification of GBAC STAR ™ (LHW’s Safe Stay Assurance).
- Surface cleaning in common areas – the reception, lobby, corridors, restrooms, restaurants and other hotel common areas are sanitized in line with approved protocols and using medical-grade products and frequency.
- Room sanitizing – we use dedicated technology and highly effective cleaning products on all surfaces, objects and decorative items, and clinically proven protocols for laundering textiles.
- Kitchen and utensil sterilization – we use cleaning products and practices in line with regional protocols.
2. Food & Beverage Services
To minimize risks, we have adapted our protocols for ordering, preparing, delivering, and consuming for food & beverage.
- Supplier certification – we follow the strictest safety protocols in delivery processes.
- Food safety – we are reducing product handling and human contact during both preparation and delivery.
- Room service and delivery – our restaurants and room service follow strict safety protocols.
3. Social Distancing Measures
Our hotel is following all approved social distancing protocols when interacting with guests.
- Safety signage – we have created special signage in all common areas of hotels to remind everyone of the need to maintain a safe distance.
- Support from staff – to assist guests in applying these measures in all areas of the hotel.
4. Personal Protection Equipment & Protocols
Safety and sanitizing equipment for guests, including sanitizing gel and masks during their stay.
- Guests protection – safety and sanitizing equipment for guests, including sanitizing gel and masks during their stay.
- Employee protection – all hotel employees have access to the equipment needed to do their work with maximum health guarantees.
- Equipment required for suppliers – all suppliers, (separate accesses) accessing the hotel must follow the required safety measures.
5. Water Purifying & Air Quality Protocols
We are following the strictest purification and sanitizing standards for ventilation and air-conditioning systems and for purifying water and pools.
- Air quality – we are increasing the frequency of inspections for ventilation systems and decontamination protocols.
- Water sanitizing – we are following updated standards for sanitizing drinking water and revised protocols for waste-water treatment.
- Pools – we are introducing new, more frequent water sanitizing protocols.
6. Health & Safety Protocols for Employees
For added safety, all our staff must meet specific health requirements to be able to work.
- Daily screening – staff will undergo screening before and after their shifts.
- Early detection protocols – action plans in case of guest health concerns, with the option of isolation, protective equipment, contact with medical services, and transportation logistics.
- Special staff training – our staff is trained in safety protocols and practices tailored to health regulations.
7. Hotel Health & Safety Manager
We have a health & safety manager in the hotel, with expertise in introducing new measures and training all employees.
- Formazione dei dipendenti – trains all employees on the procedures needed to protect other employees, guests and suppliers.
- Responsible for impact – responsible for using the highest possible level of Eco-responsibility in all new practices.